Friday 31 May 2013

Nuts in May

Linking up with Lily's quilts Fresh sewing day
 
There's an old saying that goes " May comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb", but I would say that in 2013, May came in with a splosh and went out with a dribble. We've been blown about, washed away and then in a brief hour one Thursday, burnt to a crisp. Probably not what we all had in mind for one of the favourite month's of the year and to  say its been an unpredictable month would be an understatement. However I am pleased to say the inclement weather hasn't stopped us from having one of the most hectic, but productive months for a long time.
May round up
In between clocking up the miles on trips to see all the gang, enjoy some live theatre and three music gigs ,(phew!), I managed to finish off not only the Sew Sew Modern  and Pretty Little Pouch Swaps but also to get all my bee blocks out and away to their new homes. The Postman must love me at the moment I reckon.
The block in the middle is the one chosen by Happy Go Lizzie for the Modern Stash Bee, called Rocky Mountain Puzzle, and this block is completely addictive. I have become hooked on these little lovelies. So much so that I have chosen it for my up and coming month in charge in the Together at Do.Good Stitches Bee. I hope the rest of the team like it as much as me. It is so quick and easy but looks really effective I think. There are some more great examples of how they can turn out, both  here and here.
So that was May. June promises to be calmer and I am desperate to get out into the garden so, as inspiration, I am off to "Gardening Scotland" on Sunday. First of all though I have a tutorial to write for another block which hopefully won't be too tricky, but pop back soon and I will let you know. Toodle loo!

21 comments:

  1. You've had a great month! All your mosaic makes are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine. I was surprised how much I had done when I trotted it up.

      Delete
  2. Love those Happy Go Lizzie blocks - thanks for the flickr link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is a very clever girl and has me hooked on her blocks now

      Delete
  3. Have you bothered to breath at all this month!! You have done quite a bit for being such a busy gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all you got done...they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a productive month! Love the bee blocks, the fabrics are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like June's blocks too. Do pop by agian

      Delete
  6. So many darling projects! I love the prints you're using!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably a sign of too much on line shopping !

      Delete
  7. Your makes this month are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made beautiful projects and had a great time doing it! Welcome to the blog world! I think I will follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous makes Jo Jo! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the star pillow. You've been busy enough to make my head spin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that pillow is from a swap that I received, so not by my hand so can't take the credit. I was so lucky, its very lovely and ideal for the garden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It is really appreciated. I will always try to respond to most comments, especially where a question is asked, so please check your settings are not set to no-reply!