|the latest addition to the Quilty Doings task force|
I bet you thought I had fallen off the planet didn't you. I cannot believe its been 16 months since I last wrote my blog. And if your still with me thank you for not deleting me from your list of reads. If you've fallen upon this by some new manner and its your first visit then thank you for popping by and hope to see you again.
I am not going to bang on with a whole list of excuses for not blogging regularly - needless to say it is just life isn't it. Anyway it is great to be back and I hope to keep you regularly up to date with what's hot and what's not in Quilty Doings land, whether it be stitch related or every now and again something daft, moody or just plain different.
just to give you flavour though of the past year though , let's have a qucick review
- December - Number One Son announced his engagement to the beautiful and fun Missy D - hurrah!
- January - they cut down the trees in the wood where the wood pecker lived - Boo!
- February - Pepper Ann turned 30 - hurrah!
- March - Number One Son turned 30 - hurrah!
- April - darling old Dad had another stroke and can no longer stay at his own home - very big boo!
- May - The Wedding of the Year for Pepper Ann and her handsome prince - BIG HURRAH !
- June - I fell over and broke my thumb. No sewing for many months - boo!
- July - A birthday trip to the races, (followed by a sing along to the kaiser Chiefs with my best bud standing on a bench in the middle of the course) but had to suffer the reality of an even bigger age that must be impossible really- boo/hurrah?
- August - first and last attempt at galloping near Loch Tay- the jury is out on that one!
- September - fabulous R&R in Mauritius with the Beloved - hurrah!
- October - said goodbye to Mum and Dad's last home together. Much sadness - boo!
- November - Randy Newman live at the Sage in Newcastle - hurrah!
- December - I finally learnt how to play darts - hurrah!
I make that a 75% win for 2015 which is definitely a result so its onwards and upwards with 2016. A year to look forward to ( yes I know we are in February but it's still early!)
I kicked off the year with a new purchase of this Husqvarna machine and whilst it has been a little trying at times, its a great purchase and I hope will become a great friend once I have absorbed all the manual. My first task was to finish off a new quilt for our sitting room which I managed to bind today.
The pattern is from moda bakeshop called Dottie and the fabric was a jelly roll (Modern backgrounds by Zen Chic in ink), pieced with Kona Charcoal . Always one of my favourites. The quilt was too big to quilt on the new machine so it was a quick trip to Beechwood to see Brian and Carole for a long overdue catch up and a couple of hours of long arm work. Really pleased with the results and its sitting nicely ready for the cat to shed allover.
If after all this twaddle you think you can stand another little word from QD land do pop by again soon as I have a nice new little project under way which I can share next time. Till then tatta.....